After a lot of leaks, rumors and teasers Nokia 6 (2018) has been officially launched by HMD Global in China. Nokia 6 (2018) is currently exclusive to China and will be available only on Suning.com. The phone packs a ton of features and is a huge upgrade over the previous generation Nokia 6. Let's find out what are the major changes in the Nokia 6 (2018).
There are few minor changes to the design but the overall design has been kept similar to the previous generation Nokia 6. Below is the list of new features and major changes in the design of the new Nokia 6 (2018):
- The hardware capacitive keys have been removed in favor of on-screen navigation keys. This has helped in reducing the size of the device. Nokia 6 (2018) is compact than its predecessor but has the same 5.5" 1080p display.
- The second design change has been done to the camera housing. It is now more elongated like we saw on the Nokia 5 and looks beautiful in two tone colors.
- The fingerprint scanner has been moved to the rear of the device.
- Nokia 6 (2018) comes with Snapdragon 630 processor over the Snapdragon 430.
- Supports DualSight aka Bothie.
- Fast charging support. Charges 50% battery in 30mins.
- Nokia 6 (2018) comes with a USB Type C port.
- Nokia 6 (2018) also supports Nokia's OZO Audio Technology.
Nokia 6 comes with a 16MP rear camera with f2.0 aperture and a Dual-tone LED flash. In front, we get an 8MP camera with f2.0 aperture and an 84° Field of View. Nokia 6 (2018) also comes with support for DualSight aka Bothie. To give the best Video/Audio recording experience it also comes with Nokia OZO Audio technology which is a very great feature to have at mid-range.
Nokia 6 (2018) carries the same design language of the previous Nokia 6 but this time with few refinements to the design. The entire body of the device is made from 6000 Series Aluminium same as we saw on the last years Nokia 6. This means the phone will be very tough and have a very good build quality same as the old Nokia 6. HMD Global has also put a metal plate inside the Nokia 6 (2018) to make it more durable. You can see the images below:
|Nokia 6 (2018) with a solid metal plate inside. Image Credits: geekpark.net|
|Image of the Nokia 6 (2018) and the Solid metal plate kept side by side. Image Credits: geekpark.net|
Nokia 6 (2018) Specifications and Price in China:
These specifications are of the Chinese variant of Nokia 6 (2018) and the Global variants could come with different specifications.
- Dimensions: 148.8 × 75.8 × 8.15 (mm) (8.6mm camera bump)
- Weight: 172 g
- Display: 5.5 inch, 1080p, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Snapdragon 630 (Octa core, 4*2.2GHz+4*1.9GHz)
- RAM: 4GB LPRDDR4
- Storage: 32/64 GB internal storage, microSD up to 128GB
- Camera: 16MP back + 8MP front, Bothie supported, OZO Audio (2 mics)
- Battery: 3000 mAh with support for Fast charging (50% charge in 30 minutes)
- Connectivity: USB Type C, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm headphone jack
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Android 8.0 update now available).
- Price: ¥ 1499/€191 for 32GB, ¥ 1699/€217 for 64GB
Below is the Nokia 6 (2018) Product Launch trailer:
Check out the official Nokia 6 (2018) product page.